How to Prepare a Green Tea Lemonade
If you are looking for a refreshing addition to your summer menu, not look further. Green tea transforms this classic lemonade, adding body and flavour. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Organic Green Tea Lemonade Recipe
You will need :
• Small pot
• Measuring cup
• Teaspoon or scale
• Peeler or zester
• Tea filter or fine strainer
• Pitcher or container that holds two litres
- Add 100ml of the lemon concentrate below to each litre of iced tea and mix well. Shake before serving. Once prepared, the lemonade will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator .
Green Iced Tea
- Add 10 grams (8 teaspoons) of a Japanese green tea like the Sencha Nagashima or Kukicha per litre of cold water (filtered, if possible), let steep in the refrigerator for 12 hours and filter.
Lemon or lime concentrate
- ½ cup (125ml) cane sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- Zest and juice of a lemon or two limes
Rinse the citrus with cold water. Peel or grate the zest (avoid the white pith as it is bitter). In a small pot bring the water and the sugar to a boil over medium-high heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Cut the citrus in two and press its juices. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove the pot from the heat and add the juice and zest. Let cool for 10 minutes, filter the mix and add to the iced tea.
This concentrate will keep in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 weeks in the refrigerator or can be frozen.
You may want to double or triple this delicious recipe!
Add a comment
*If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can write down your comments here.