How to Prepare a Pumpkin Chai Latte
On almost every street corner in India you will find somebody selling hot spicy tea, they are locally known as chai wallahs . For many Indians stopping for a chai is an important part of their daily routine. In each of these kiosks, the chai wallah will create an atmosphere conducive for discussion, sharing and tasting.
Inspired by such unforgettable moments enjoyed while being in India, we have developed our own original range of recipes to honour this culture: five spicychais, each with a unique personality.
Here's a recipe created by Gabriel Svaldi, Bristol Chai's owner, with our Arthur mix. Perfect for celebrating Halloween!
Pumpkin Chai Latte Ingredients
- Bristol Chai's Arthur chai mix
- 1 crushed cinnamon stick (or 5g of cinnamon)
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 3 crushed star anise
- Pumpkin whipped cream (see recipe below)
Recipe for pumpkin whipped cream
Dilute 1c. of pumpkin puree in 100ml of hot water. Add 2 cups whipped cream and mix with a spoon or whisk.
Recipe of Pumpkin Chai Latte (1L)
- Heat up 500 ml of water in a pot ;
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and star anise to 10g of chai (4tsp) ;
- Cover and simmer 5 - 10 minutes on medium heat ;
- Add 5 - 10 g of sugar (2 - 4 tsp) and 500 ml of milk ;
- Heat up and simmer 5 - 10 minutes ;
- Filter and serve ;
- Add whipped cream to pumpkin, sprinkle with ground cinnamon or add a cinnamon stick.
Add a comment
*If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can write down your comments here.