How to Prepare Tea: 4 Essential Drinks
Infused hot or cold, with a cloud of milk, honey or lemon ... There are many ways to enjoy tea. Here are our tips for preparing 4 essential tea drinks: chai latte, iced tea, Moroccan mint tea and matcha latte.
How to Prepare a Chai Latte
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk 3.25% or soya milk.
- 4 tsp. chai Camellia spice/tea mix, or another
- 4 tsp. teaspoon raw sugar
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the chai mixture to the boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let steep 5 minutes. Add sugar if necessary.
- Filter to remove leaves and spices.
- Note: If you use sweetened soy milk, reduce the quantity of sugar to 2 tsp, to taste.
- Choose a full bodied Assam tea if you make your own blend of spices.
- For a more milky chai, put 750 ml (3 cups) milk 250 ml (1 cup) of water.
How to Prepare Iced Tea
ALL teas can be infused cold. It makes a great way to use up a reserve of old teas.
- Use 4 teaspoons of your choice of tea.
- Pour a liter of Cold Water on to the leaves
- Add some flavour(orange, lime, spice, herbs etc.)
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Leave to infuse for at least 6 hours or leave mixture in the fridge overnight.
ICED TEA SUGGESTIONS
- Green Tea, mint, and lime.
- Black Tea, orange and spice (cardamom, ginger, cinnamon etc)
- Wulong Tea, rose-petals, basil.
- Different teas can be mixed in the same infusion. Let your imagination go wild!
How to Prepare Moroccan Mint Tea
- 1 ½ tsp Chinese organic green Gunpowder Tea
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 large handful mint
- 300 ml ( 1 ¼ cup) water
- Warm the teapot.
- Put the mint into the pot and add sugar.
- Put the tea into a filter and rinse with boiling water. Place the filter in the teapot and add boiling water.
- Let steep 3 minutes (4 minutes if you want a more full-bodied tea) and remove the filter.
- Note: For variety, you can put tea leaves directly into the teapot without using the filter. In this way, the tea will become stronger.
How to Prepare a Matcha Shake
- 750ml Cold, unsweetened soya milk
- 250ml Cold water (or a mix of ice cubes and water)
- 3 tsp Matcha Sora
- 4 tsp Raw sugar (or 2 tsp for sweetened soya milk)
- Put all ingredients into an electric blender
- Blend until Matcha has completely dissolved
- Serve and enjoy!
Add a comment
*If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can write down your comments here.