A full burst of freshness, this organic green tea blend has a great balance of lemon and fruits (berries) and will quench any thirst. The strong lemon accents combine perfectly with the earthy notes of the green tea enhanced by the fruity finale of ripe raspberries. Its liquor is a sweet and clear wave of freshness.
Recipe: Tea-based White Sangria
This unexpected combination of tea and wine results in an antioxidant-rich drink perfect for sunny summer afternoons!
- 1 tablespoon or 7.5 g of Santa Cruz Wave organic tea
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 ½ cups white cranberry juice
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 1 cup cubed honeydew melon
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- ¾ cup white wine
- ½ cup peach schnapps
- ½ cup frozen berries
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Brew tea in boiling water for 5 minutes. Let cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl or pitcher, mix all other ingredients together.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
You will obtain 2.5L of tea sangria. Cheers!
This summer recipe was developed by TeamNutrition's Registered Dietitians.
Add a comment
*If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can write down your comments here.