Made from a shrub in the holly family, Yerba Mate is a traditional beverage in many South American countries. Our Yerba Mate is certified organic and comes from a small production in Brazil. Its straightforward herbaceous and bitter flavour is an experience to be had! Thanks to its stimulant properties, this is a favourite of students and people who want to stay energized for hours!
Sparkling Mint Yerba Maté
Made from a shrub in the holly family, Yerba Maté is a traditional beverage in many South American countries. Its high caffeine content will keep you going for hours. This classic, slightly bitter libation is not everyone’s cup of tea, so we’ve prepared this refreshing take on mate with a scoop of sweetness to energize your day.
You will need :
- Small pot
- Measuring cup
- Teaspoon or scale
- Tea filter or fine strainer
- 1L bottle of sparkling water
- Add 10 grams (8 teaspoons) of mate to sparkling water.
- Steep in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Strain the mixture.
- ½ cup (125ml) cane sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint.
- In a small pot bring the water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the mint leaves.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and add 100ml of the mint syrup to the iced mate.
Add a comment
*If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can write down your comments here.