Perhaps tea is not the first drink that comes to mind to quench a Summer thirst but its versatility can makes it a choice beverage for all seasons. Try an iced-version of a matcha, chai latte, or even your favourite infusion with some basil, citrus, mint - the options are endless. You could even use up some of those older leaves that are hanging out in the back of the cupboard.
Here are a few Summertime recipes that the whole family will enjoy:
- 750ml (3 cups) of cold, soya milk OR 2% cow's milk
- 250ml (1 cup) of cold water (or a mix of ice cubes and water)
- 3 tsp Matcha Sora
- 4 tsp Raw sugar (or 2 tsp for sweetened soy milk)
Put all ingredients into an electric blender, or in a shaker
Blend/mix until Matcha has completely dissolved
Serve and enjoy!
Iced chai latte
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk 3.25% or soya milk.
- 4 tsp. chai Camellia spice/tea mix, or another
- 4 tsp. teaspoon raw sugar
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the chai mixture to the boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let steep 5 minutes. Add sugar to taste. Filter to remove leaves and spices. Complete with a few ice cubes.
- Note: If you use sweetened soy milk, reduce the quantity of sugar to 2 tsp, to taste.
Homemade iced tea
ALL teas can be infused cold. It makes a great way to use up a your old reserves.
Preparation (4 cups)
- Use 4 teaspoons of your choice of tea.
- Pour 1 litre of cold water onto the leaves
- Add some flavour(orange, lime, spice, herbs etc.)
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Leave to infuse for at least 6 hours or leave mixture in the fridge overnight.
-Green Tea, mint and lime.
-Black Tea, orange and spice (cardamom, ginger, cinnamon etc)
-Wulong Tea, rose-petals, basil.
Vodka iced tea cocktail
Mix all ingredients in an Old Fashion glass with ice. Add a mint leave for decoration
Boil ½ cups of sugar with ¾ cups of water. Remove once sugar has completely dissolved. Add ¼ cups of finely chopped mint leves and infuse for 30 minutes. Filter.
Photo Credit : Christina Fayad, Art Director at PUR vodka
Add a comment
*If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can write down your comments here.