Rich with the knowledge of 16 generations of tea producers, Mr. Koyama offers us this amazingly accessible and addictive Matcha.
Tea Cocktail: Matcha Sour
By Patrice Plante, Mixologist of Mr. Cocktail
Velvety and silky, this cocktail is filled with frank flavours.
- ½ c. coffee Matcha Sora
- 22 ml (¾ oz) of Junmai Ginjo sake
- 30 ml (1 oz) Thuya gin or Bombay Sapphire gin
- 22 ml (¾ oz) of lime juice
- 15 ml (½ oz) honey syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 egg white
- Ice cubes
- Lime zest (to decorate)
1. With a spoon, mix the matcha in the sake.
2. Pour into the bowl of a blender (or shaker). Add the gin, the lime juice, the honey syrup and finish with the egg white. Add ice cubes and mix vigorously.
3. Filter the mixture to remove the ice cubes. Return the filtered preparation to the blender and mix again at high intensity to emulsify the egg white.
4. Filter through a fine sieve into an Old Fashioned glass containing an ice cube.
5. Add some of the mousse and decorate with lime zest.
- 1 part of water
- 1 part of honey
In a small saucepan, bring the ingredients to a simmer, mixing until they bind together. The syrup can be kept 1 month in the refrigerator
Add a comment
*If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can write down your comments here.