Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
Matcha Choan (20g tin)
Our highest grade of ceremonial Matcha. Produced with such finesse it feels like 'drinking silk'. From a blend of three different cultivars expertly chosen and assembled by M. Koyama, its balance is very close to perfection.
Fresh and sweet as a pea pod, subtle notes of seaweed and butter make its profile extremely seductive. This is the Matcha to try for a truly sublime experience.
For greater freshness, the Matcha should be used within 6 months of opening and stored in a cool place.
- Sift the desired amount of Matcha using a matcha sifter.*
- Heat the chawan (bowl) with hot water.
- Discard this water and wipe bowl with a clean cloth.
- Depending on the desired intensity measure between 1 g and 2 g ( 1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of sifted Matcha to the centre of the bowl.
- Carefully pour between 65 ml and 100 ml of water at 75°C onto the tea.
- Whisk vigorously with a Chasen (Matcha whisk) for around 30 seconds until an even foam develops.
- Taste and enjoy!
*Optional: Matcha powder stays fresher if cooled and whisks into a more creamy foam, without clumps, once sifted.
Our tea advisors also recommend
The chasen is a traditional tool and is essential for preparing matcha. It is made from a single piece of bamboo with the end cut into several thin slivers to whisk the green tea into a small quantity of water. With a quick motion, the whisked tea is then fully emulsified and attains the proper texture as seen in the famous Japanese tea ceremony – the chanoyu.