Matcha Choan (20g tin)
Our highest grade of ceremonial Matcha. Produced with such finesse it feels like 'drinking silk'. From a blend of three different cultivars expertly chosen and assembled by M. Koyama, its balance is very close to perfection.
Fresh and sweet as a pea pod, subtle notes of seaweed and butter make its profile extremely seductive. This is the Matcha to try for a truly sublime experience.
For greater freshness, the Matcha should be used within 6 months of opening and stored in a cool place.
- Sift the desired amount of Matcha using a matcha sifter.*
- Heat the chawan (bowl) with hot water.
- Discard this water and wipe bowl with a clean cloth.
- Depending on the desired intensity measure between 1 g and 2 g ( 1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of sifted Matcha to the centre of the bowl.
- Carefully pour between 65 ml and 100 ml of water at 75°C onto the tea.
- Whisk vigorously with a Chasen (Matcha whisk) for around 30 seconds until an even foam develops.
- Taste and enjoy!
*Optional: Matcha powder stays fresher if cooled and whisks into a more creamy foam, without clumps, once sifted.
Our tea advisors also recommend
Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
The chasen is a traditional tool and is essential for preparing matcha. It is made from a single piece of bamboo with the end cut into several thin slivers to whisk the green tea into a small quantity of water. With a quick motion, the whisked tea is then fully emulsified and attains the proper texture as seen in the famous Japanese tea ceremony – the chanoyu.