Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
Our highest grade of ceremonial Matcha. Produced with such finesse it feels like 'drinking silk'. From a blend of three different cultivars expertly chosen and assembled by M. Koyama, its balance is very close to perfection.
Fresh and sweet as a pea pod, subtle notes of seaweed and butter make its profile extremely seductive. This is the Matcha to try for a truly sublime experience.
- Cultivar: Asahi, Samidori & Uji-Hikari
- Producer: M. Koyama
- Altitude: 50m
To prepare a good Matcha, just follow a few simple, but precise, steps.
- Ideally, remove the Matcha from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (Ideal but not essential).
- Sift the measure of Matcha you need through a sieve for a creamier mousse and to prevent lumps.
- Warm your chawan (bowl) with hot water, empty and wipe it dry. Add 1 tsp, or two chashaku (Matcha spoons)of sifted Matcha into the bowl.
- Trickle 65ml of water (75°C) onto the tea
- Whisk with energy with a chasen (bamboo whisk). Start beneath the surface. As a mousse starts to form, gradually raise your whisking towards the central surface. With practice you will produce more foam each time.
Our tea advisors also recommend
Cranes taking flight in front of Mount Fuji at sunset; this is a typical Japanese image that embellish on this emblematic chawan.