This organic Matcha green tea from a spring harvest comes from Kirishima in Kagoshima Prefecture on Japan's southernmost main island, Kyushu.
Matcha Fuka Midori (20g tin)
This fine powder of bright Japanese green comes from the Uji region, renowned worldwide for the quality of its Matcha.
Composed of three cultivars (Gokou, Yabukita, Sayamakaori), it gives the emulsion a gourmet character with its notes of cocoa and almond milk. On the palate, the attack is soft and unctuous, with accents of green vegetables and chlorophyll, followed by a finish that subtly evokes the taste of sunflower seeds.
Dense and supported by a slight astringency, this elegant Matcha is guaranteed to please!
For greater freshness, the Matcha should be used within 6 months of opening and stored in a cool place.
- Producer: M. Osafumi
- Altitude: 50m
- Date of harvest: May 27, 2021
- Sift the desired amount of Matcha using a matcha sifter.*
- Heat the chawan (bowl) with hot water.
- Discard this water and wipe bowl with a clean cloth.
- Depending on the desired intensity measure between 1 g and 2 g ( 1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of sifted Matcha to the centre of the bowl.
- Carefully pour between 65 ml and 100 ml of water at 75°C onto the tea.
- Whisk vigorously with a Chasen (Matcha whisk) for around 30 seconds until an even foam develops.
- Taste and enjoy!
*Optional: Matcha powder stays fresher if cooled and whisks into a more creamy foam, without clumps, once sifted.
Our tea advisors also recommend
Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
A delicious Matcha with an excellent quality/price ratio brought to us by the Osafumi brothers, second generation producers.