Matcha Okumidori organic (30g tin)
Brisk and fresh in taste, this matcha comes from a certified organic garden in Kirishima, Kyushu Island (South of Japan).
Made from a single cultivar (Okumidori), its grassy aromas reveal deep nuances while its taste notably includes seaweed and cocoa notes.
The lively first sip quickly gives way to a great feeling of softness in the mouth. Very easy to enjoy!
To learn more about Matcha, read this article on our blog.
- Cultivar: Okumidori
- Producer: Mr. Kenji Tofuku
- Altitude: 350m
- Date of harvest: May 18, 2019
To prepare a good matcha, just follow a few simple, but precise, steps.
- Ideally, remove the matcha from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (Ideal but not essential).
- Sift the measure of matcha you need through a sieve for a creamier mousse and to prevent lumps.
- Warm your chawan (bowl) with hot water, empty and wipe it dry. Add 1 tsp, or two chashaku (matcha spoons)of sifted matcha into the bowl.
- Trickle 65ml of water (75°C) onto the tea
- Whisk with energy with a chasen (bamboo whisk). Start beneath the surface. As a mousse starts to form, gradually raise your whisking towards the central surface. With practice you will produce more foam each time.
May 29, 2020Read more