A black winter chawan with an irregular base and wavy lip seems to be inspired by the shaped style.
Matcha Okumidori Organic (30g tin)
Brisk and fresh in taste, this matcha comes from a certified organic garden in Kirishima, Kyushu Island (South of Japan).
Made from a single cultivar (Okumidori), its grassy aromas reveal deep nuances while its taste notably includes seaweed and cocoa notes.
The lively first sip quickly gives way to a great feeling of softness in the mouth. Very easy to enjoy!
To learn more about Matcha, read this article on our blog.
- Cultivar: Okumidori
- Producer: Mr. Kenji Tofuku
- Altitude: 350m
- Date of harvest: May 18, 2020
To prepare a good Matcha, just follow a few simple, but precise, steps.
- Ideally, remove the Matcha from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (Ideal but not essential).
- Sift the measure of Matcha you need through a sieve for a creamier mousse and to prevent lumps.
- Warm your chawan (bowl) with hot water, empty and wipe it dry. Add 1 tsp, or two chashaku (Matcha spoons)of sifted Matcha into the bowl.
- Trickle 65ml of water (75°C) onto the tea
- Whisk with energy with a chasen (bamboo whisk). Start beneath the surface. As a mousse starts to form, gradually raise your whisking towards the central surface. With practice you will produce more foam each time.