Matcha Sendo (20g tin)
Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
Its silky mousse bears aromas of marine richness layered with nuances of wild berries and dark chocolate. Bold in the fore-mouth with its sophisticated range of flavours all combined with a surprising contrast of finesse and intensity.
Our Matcha Sendo is frequently chosen for Tea Ceremonies by the students of the Urasenke School.
For greater freshness, the Matcha should be used within 6 months of opening and stored in a cool place.
- Producer: M. Koyama
- Altitude: 50m
- Sift the desired amount of Matcha using a matcha sifter.*
- Heat the chawan (bowl) with hot water.
- Discard this water and wipe bowl with a clean cloth.
- Depending on the desired intensity measure between 1 g and 2 g ( 1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of sifted Matcha to the centre of the bowl.
- Carefully pour between 65 ml and 100 ml of water at 75°C onto the tea.
- Whisk vigorously with a Chasen (Matcha whisk) for around 30 seconds until an even foam develops.
- Taste and enjoy!
*Optional: Matcha powder stays fresher if cooled and whisks into a more creamy foam, without clumps, once sifted.
Our tea advisors also recommend
Our highest grade of ceremonial Matcha. Produced with such finesse it feels like 'drinking silk'. From a blend of three different cultivars expertly chosen and assembled by M. Koyama, its balance is very close to perfection.
This fine powder of bright Japanese green comes from the Uji region, renowned worldwide for the quality of its Matcha.
Carved from a single piece of bamboo, the chashaku is traditionally used to dose your precious matcha during chanoyu, the Japanese tea ceremony.