Our highest grade of ceremonial Matcha. Produced with such finesse it feels like 'drinking silk'. From a blend of three different cultivars expertly chosen and assembled by M. Koyama, its balance is very close to perfection.
Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
Its silky mousse bears aromas of marine richness layered with nuances of wild berries and dark chocolate. Bold in the fore-mouth with its sophisticated range of flavours all combined with a surprising contrast of finesse and intensity.
Our Matcha Sendo is frequently chosen for Tea Ceremonies by the students of the Urasenke School.
- Cultivar: Samidori & Yabukita
- Producer: M. Koyama
- Altitude: 50m
To prepare a good Matcha, just follow a few simple, but precise, steps.
- Ideally, remove the Matcha from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (Ideal but not essential).
- Sift the measure of Matcha you need through a sieve for a creamier mousse and to prevent lumps.
- Warm your chawan (bowl) with hot water, empty and wipe it dry. Add 1 tsp, or two chashaku (Matcha spoons)of sifted Matcha into the bowl.
- Trickle 65ml of water (75°C) onto the tea
- Whisk with energy with a chasen (bamboo whisk). Start beneath the surface. As a mousse starts to form, gradually raise your whisking towards the central surface. With practice you will produce more foam each time.
Our tea advisors also recommend
This fine bright green powder offers, when whisked, a gastronomic character with notes of cocoa and almond milk.
Like the graceful motion of ink through clear water, the sepia finish of this single porcelain piece is true to its origin: squid ink.