Rich with the knowledge of 16 generations of tea producers, Mr. Koyama offers us this amazingly accessible and addictive Matcha.
This fine green tea powder delivers an experience of exquisite intensity with its liquor bearing rich tastes of herbs and algae.
Ideal for all culinary explorations.
For greater freshness, the Matcha should be used within 6 months of opening and stored in a cool place.
- Producer: M. Koyama
- Altitude: 50m
- Date of harvest: June 4, 2021
HOT (350 ml)
- Whisk between 2 g and 3 g (1 to 2 teaspoons) of Matcha in 50 ml of hot water (around 95°C).
- Add 200 ml of hot milk (plant-based or animal).
- Sweeten to taste.
COLD (makes 1 l)
- Measure 15 g Matcha and 10 g sugar into a 1 l container.
- Pour 250 ml of hot water and mix vigorously until the sugar and Matcha have completely dissolved.
- Top up the container with cold milk (plant-based or animal) stir or shake to blend.
- Serve on ice.
- Sift the desired amount of Matcha using a matcha sifter.*
- Heat the chawan (bowl) with hot water.
- Discard this water and wipe bowl with a clean cloth.
- Depending on the desired intensity measure between 1 g and 2 g ( 1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of sifted Matcha to the centre of the bowl.
- Carefully pour between 65 ml and 100 ml of water at 75°C onto the tea.
- Whisk vigorously with a Chasen (Matcha whisk) for around 30 seconds until an even foam develops.
- Taste and enjoy!
*Optional: Matcha powder stays fresher if cooled and whisks into a more creamy foam, without clumps, once sifted.
Our tea advisors also recommend
Happiness in a box ! The Camellia Sinensis Matcha Gift Set includes the four essentials for a perfect emulsion.
Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
This fine powder of bright Japanese green comes from the Uji region, renowned worldwide for the quality of its Matcha.
Our highest grade of ceremonial Matcha. Produced with such finesse it feels like 'drinking silk'. From a blend of three different cultivars expertly chosen and assembled by M. Koyama, its balance is very close to perfection.