Rich with the knowledge of 16 generations of tea producers, Mr Marukyu offers us this amazingly accessible and addictive matcha. This fine green tea powder delivers an experience of exquisite intensity with its liquor bearing rich tastes of herbs and algae. Ideal for all culinary explorations.
To prepare a good matcha, just follow a few simple, but precise, steps.
- Ideally, remove the matcha from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (Ideal but not essential).
- Sift the measure of matcha you need through a sieve for a creamier mousse and to prevent lumps.
- Warm your chawan (bowl) with hot water, empty and wipe it dry. Add 1 tsp, or two chashaku (matcha spoons)of sifted matcha into the bowl.
- Trickle 65ml of water (75°C) onto the tea
- Whisk with energy with a chasen (bamboo whisk). Start beneath the surface. As a mousse starts to form, gradually raise your whisking towards the central surface. With practice you will produce more foam each time.