Quebec-born ceramist Julie Lavoie discovered Tenmoku for the first time in a Japanese tea room.
Matcha Taiki Organic (40g bag)
This finely milled green tea, produced by Mr. Tsutsumi and his team comes from Mie Prefecture.
The leaves of this matcha have undergone a light cooking before powdering, giving the matcha a deeper green hue. Its liquor is lively with a light and pleasing bight, enhanced by vegetal and gourmand (roasted nuts) notes.
A strong tea, perfect for everyday or even kitchen use, and it's organic !
To learn more about the Matcha, read this article on our blog.
- Cultivar: Yabukita
- Producer: Tsutsumi, Yoshi
- Altitude: 50m
To prepare a good matcha, just follow a few simple, but precise, steps.
- Ideally, remove the matcha from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (Ideal but not essential).
- Sift the measure of matcha you need through a sieve for a creamier mousse and to prevent lumps.
- Warm your chawan (bowl) with hot water, empty and wipe it dry. Add 1 tsp, or two chashaku (matcha spoons)of sifted matcha into the bowl.
- Trickle 65ml of water (75°C) onto the tea
- Whisk with energy with a chasen (bamboo whisk). Start beneath the surface. As a mousse starts to form, gradually raise your whisking towards the central surface. With practice you will produce more foam each time.
Our tea advisors also recommend
The Chasen, cut from a single piece of bamboo, is a traditional and essential instrument for matcha preparation.
This fine bright green powder offers, when whisked, a gastronomic character with notes of cocoa and almond milk.
A delicious Matcha with an excellent quality / price ratio brought to us by the Osafumi brothers, second generation producers.