Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
Matcha Uji (40g tin)
A delicious Matcha with an excellent quality/price ratio brought to us by the Osafumi brothers, second generation producers.
This Matcha comes from the mythical region of Uji, near Kyoto (the former capital of Japan), and more precisely from Ujitawara, hometown of Nagatani Soen, inventor of the Sencha tea style.
Its fresh and tasty emulsion offers a velvety texture and a slightly bitter-sweet flavor, with notes of oily grass and snow peas. A touch of gentle iodine tickles the palate, overshadowing everything.
For greater freshness, the Matcha should be used within 6 months of opening and stored in a cool place.
- Producer: M. Osafumi
- Altitude: 50m
- Date of harvest: May 25, 2021
- Sift the desired amount of Matcha using a matcha sifter.*
- Heat the chawan (bowl) with hot water.
- Discard this water and wipe bowl with a clean cloth.
- Depending on the desired intensity measure between 1 g and 2 g ( 1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of sifted Matcha to the centre of the bowl.
- Carefully pour between 65 ml and 100 ml of water at 75°C onto the tea.
- Whisk vigorously with a Chasen (Matcha whisk) for around 30 seconds until an even foam develops.
- Taste and enjoy!
*Optional: Matcha powder stays fresher if cooled and whisks into a more creamy foam, without clumps, once sifted.
Our tea advisors also recommend
This fine powder of bright Japanese green comes from the Uji region, renowned worldwide for the quality of its Matcha.
The Aurora glaze is Ms Zhang’s most popular porcelain piece! The vibrant shades of blue, purple and red really catch the eye.