Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
A delicious Matcha with an excellent quality / price ratio brought to us by the Osafumi brothers, second generation producers.
This Matcha comes from the mythical region of Uji, near Kyoto (the former capital of Japan), and more precisely from Ujitawara, hometown of Nagatani Soen, inventor of the Sencha tea style.
Its powerful and tasty emulsion offers a velvety texture and a slightly bitter-sweet flavor, with notes of oily grass and snow peas. A touch of gentle iodine tickles the palate, overshadowing everything.
- Cultivar: Asahi, Samidori & Gokou
- Producer: M. Tsutsumi
- Altitude: 50m
To prepare a good matcha, just follow a few simple, but precise, steps.
- Ideally, remove the matcha from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (Ideal but not essential).
- Sift the measure of matcha you need through a sieve for a creamier mousse and to prevent lumps.
- Warm your chawan (bowl) with hot water, empty and wipe it dry. Add 1 tsp, or two chashaku (matcha spoons)of sifted matcha into the bowl.
- Trickle 65ml of water (75°C) onto the tea
- Whisk with energy with a chasen (bamboo whisk). Start beneath the surface. As a mousse starts to form, gradually raise your whisking towards the central surface. With practice you will produce more foam each time.
Our tea advisors also recommend
This fine bright green powder offers, when whisked, a gastronomic character with notes of cocoa and almond milk.
This box is ideal for sieving matcha before use. The set contains a fine stainless steel sieve and a metal spatula. Sieving the matcha becomes a simple task with this utensil. It will enable you to prepare a bowl of matcha tea with a fine creamy froth.