A delicious Matcha with an excellent quality/price ratio brought to us by the Osafumi brothers, second generation producers.
Matcha Yume Organic (40g tin)
This organic Matcha green tea from a spring harvest comes from Kirishima in Kagoshima Prefecture on Japan's southernmost main island, Kyushu.
Before emulsifying, the fine powder gives off notes of chocolate milk. The creamy mousse is very easy to obtain, which will please both less experienced amateurs and connoisseurs.
The taste of the beverage starts with vegetable notes (endives) and ends with subtle tropical fruit flavours typical of the Yabukita cultivar.
- Sift the desired amount of Matcha using a matcha sifter.*
- Heat the chawan (bowl) with hot water.
- Discard this water and wipe bowl with a clean cloth.
- Depending on the desired intensity measure between 1 g and 2 g ( 1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of sifted Matcha to the centre of the bowl.
- Carefully pour between 65 ml and 100 ml of water at 75°C onto the tea.
- Whisk vigorously with a Chasen (Matcha whisk) for around 30 seconds until an even foam develops.
- Taste and enjoy!
*Optional: Matcha powder stays fresher if cooled and whisks into a more creamy foam, without clumps, once sifted.
Our tea advisors also recommend
Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
This fine powder of bright Japanese green comes from the Uji region, renowned worldwide for the quality of its Matcha.
Our highest grade of ceremonial Matcha. Produced with such finesse it feels like 'drinking silk'. From a blend of three different cultivars expertly chosen and assembled by M. Koyama, its balance is very close to perfection.