Matcha Yume Organic
This organic Matcha green tea from a spring harvest comes from Kirishima in Kagoshima Prefecture on Japan's southernmost main island, Kyushu.
Before emulsifying, the fine powder gives off notes of chocolate milk. The creamy mousse is very easy to obtain, which will please both less experienced amateurs and connoisseurs.
The taste of the beverage starts with vegetable notes (endives) and ends with subtle tropical fruit flavours typical of the Yabukita cultivar.
For greater freshness, the Matcha should be used within 6 months of opening and stored in a cool place.
- Sift the desired amount of Matcha using a matcha sifter.*
- Heat the chawan (bowl) with hot water.
- Discard this water and wipe bowl with a clean cloth.
- Depending on the desired intensity measure between 1 g and 2 g ( 1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of sifted Matcha to the centre of the bowl.
- Carefully pour between 65 ml and 100 ml of water at 75°C onto the tea.
- Whisk vigorously with a Chasen (Matcha whisk) for around 30 seconds until an even foam develops.
- Taste and enjoy!
*Optional: Matcha powder stays fresher if cooled and whisks into a more creamy foam, without clumps, once sifted.