A delicious Matcha with an excellent quality / price ratio brought to us by the Osafumi brothers, second generation producers.
Matcha Yume Organic (40g tin)
This organic Matcha green tea from a spring harvest comes from Kirishima in Kagoshima Prefecture on Japan's southernmost main island, Kyushu.
Before emulsifying, the fine powder gives off notes of chocolate milk. The creamy mousse is very easy to obtain, which will please both less experienced amateurs and connoisseurs.
The taste of the beverage starts with vegetable notes (endives) and ends with subtle tropical fruit flavours typical of the Yabukita cultivar.
- Cultivar: Yabukita
- Producer: Tofuku, Kenji
- Altitude: 150m
- Date of harvest: May 3, 2020
To prepare a good Matcha, just follow a few simple, but precise, steps.
- Ideally, remove the Matcha from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (Ideal but not essential).
- Sift the measure of Matcha you need through a sieve for a creamier mousse and to prevent lumps.
- Warm your chawan (bowl) with hot water, empty and wipe it dry. Add 1 tsp, or two chashaku (Matcha spoons)of sifted Matcha into the bowl.
- Trickle 65ml of water (75°C) onto the tea
- Whisk with energy with a chasen (bamboo whisk). Start beneath the surface. As a mousse starts to form, gradually raise your whisking towards the central surface. With practice you will produce more foam each time.
Our tea advisors also recommend
Our Matcha Sendo is a blend of two classic cultivars, assembled with the talents of M. Koyama, reputed artisan in Uji.
This fine bright green powder offers, when whisked, a gastronomic character with notes of cocoa and almond milk.
Our highest grade of ceremonial Matcha. Produced with such finesse it feels like 'drinking silk'. From a blend of three different cultivars expertly chosen and assembled by M. Koyama, its balance is very close to perfection.